Bob Barr announced the formation of an exploratory committee (people to count fundraising money) for a possible run for the Libertarian Party nomination. I like Bob Barr to a degree but he is no Ron Paul and hasn't earned the right to even sit in Harry Browne's now empty wheelchair.
What I like:
- Bob Barr understands the true spending problem
- Wants to eliminate the IRS and repeal the 16th Amendment
- Has already worked with both parties to overturn or rewrite much of the Patriot Act to restore civil liberties
- Is now very against the war in Iraq and nation building
- Is against pre-emptive war
What I don't like so much:
- Bob Barr is for the Fair Tax as a replacement to the Income Tax
- He is strongly for securing the border (I disagreed with Ron Paul on this also)
- Bob Barr voted for the war initially
You may like him. Obviously since I'm such a high roller Republican now (ha ha) it is impossible for me to endorse him but given the list of candidates currently seeking the LP nomination, I'd have to name Barr my clear favorite.