Monday, September 18, 2006

The Constitution


On September 17, 1787 the Constitution became the law of our land. Its purpose was to enumerate the powers of the federal government in hopes of limiting its size and scope on the citizenry while protecting each state equally.

In my powder room (a fancy name for a half-bath) I have a framed copy of the Constitution above my toilet. Here are the jokes I submit my house guests to when they use my bathroom:

"If you look closely the preamble reads: We We the People."

"That's where I have my daily constitution."

"If you're a Republican or Democrat please use the toilet paper provided and not wipe your butt with the constitution."

I'm pretty proud of my bathroom because it looks pretty cool. It is the only finished room in the whole house.

Happy Birthday Constitution...sorry I didn't get you anything.

1 comment:

tully said...

Your words are enough of a gift I'm sure!

Happy Birthday Constitution!