Thursday, February 24, 2005

Aliens Spanked Me

My cats woke me up this morning once again. It's becoming an everyday thing with them...but this isn't about my cats. While I was telling dumbass and dumbass #2 to "knock it off" I was, at the same time, trying to shake the cobwebs and become alert. I couldn't help but think that I had the remnants of a dream still stuck in my head. I couldn't get the dream straight in my mind so I let it evaporate. I dream regularly and even though the details can be hazy, I try to capture the events quickly and get them typed into a notepad file.

I normally don't have recurring dreams. Sometimes where the dream sequence takes place is the same, but the events are always distinct. When I was little I used to have a recurring dream. I'd be playing in our front yard and I'd look up into the sky and see UFO's. Seeing these saucer like objects I knew that I had better run to get into the house. Somehow I knew that the creatures that were piloting these crafts presented a danger to me.

In typical dream fashion the act of running is a joke. Every step comes with great difficulty and progress comes at a funeral's pace. You'd think that I'd fear abduction or experiments or invasive testing. In my case, when the aliens caught me (which they always did) they would simply spank me. By spanking I mean that while I'm running they grab me from behind and swat my ass. It was at this point I would always wake up.

I haven't been spanked by aliens in a dream for several decades now. I'm sure if I saw a flying saucer I'd just wake myself up before such an inelegant event occurred...kind of like how I always wake up if I see a bathroom in my dreams.

...but that's a subject for another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I love you. You're the only person I know who has weirder dreams than I do. Did I tell you about the one where I was riding on top of a giant tupperware container that was galloping across a field like a horse? And I was wearing a bathing suit. And being chased by pony express riders. Interpret that one Freud!