Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day

Memorial Day brings about many thoughts for me. Number one among them is that it is the first 3-day weekend in the Seattle area where you wish the weather was nice, but it never is. It rained nearly all weekend...again.

Another of my thoughts is drawn to the tremendous sacrifice made by our fighting men and women. I've talked to several people in my life that have experienced combat and I'm always very awestruck as they attempt to explain the unexplainable.

I love this country. I desire for my country to have so many freedoms that if someone dared think they could take them away, they'd experience a fight like they've never seen before. I never want to see a soldier die so that you and I could have 'relative freedom.'

The most fitting tribute to the memory of those who died to protect this country is to do our part at home keep our country free.

No comments: