I’ve always believed that if you say no often enough to party invitations, then people will eventually stop inviting you. I’m not a person who likes parties and the Tea Party is no exception. Yet people still invite me.
I’m not coming to your Tea Party. Why you ask?
- You’re intellectually dishonest about taxation and spending
- You’re not sufficiently anti-war
- You’re not serious about deficits
- You’re mostly just Republicans
- Some of you are disenchanted lefties with no friends
Like the guy who was the fan of the unsigned band that suddenly became popular, I was against spending before being a deficit hawk was popular. I was for civil liberties way before anyone was mad that they’d be forced to purchase medical insurance. I don’t own freedom’s greatest hits album…I have the original on 8-track and still listen to it from time-to-time. You guys are posers.
So please…stop inviting me to your party. I’m not coming.