Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Congratulations New Orleans!!!

Good work on staying calm and uniting together after being hit by the storm. I'm sure you all will bring back all the stuff you stole when the emergency situation has subsided. Way to handle adversity, you Cretans.

While we're on the subject, let me take a moment to discuss the 2nd Amendment. (for you blue staters that's the amendment that you say talks about the National Guard even though the Guard didn't exist until about 120 years after the Bill of Rights was written)

The police said they were going to work on saving lives and work on protecting private property as secondary, if at all. So I'm sure the store owner that is standing in front of his store with a .45 drawn is experiencing fewer five-finger discounts. Just proof of what I've always said: It's the job of the police to protect society, not individuals. That's your job...gun or not.

I just remember how New York City handled September 11th with such grace and dignity and heroism and while I'm sure heroism is underreported in New Orleans, mass looting is a disgrace.

Of course I'm looking at it from the perspective of someone who lives in a city where jay-walking is considered a serious offense.

No comments: